Things you Should know about Dental Implants
Do you have missing teeth that are affecting your self confidence and function of your surrounding teeth? Dr. Al Gulum and his experienced dental team located in Fresh Meadows, New York focus on personalized care for each of our patients through the use of several different treatments and procedures. Dental implants are often used to replace missing teeth and restore proper function to the mouth. Continue reading on to learn everything you should know about dental implants for your smile.
While there are several other options in replacing missing teeth, dental implants are a popular treatment as they are a comfortable and more permanent option. Below are several different reasons why dental implants are a preferred treatment:
- Improved Chewing Ability. Dental implants can restore your chewing ability almost back to 100%. Traditional dentures do not as they are removable and can often shift.
- Easy to Speak Comfortably and Taste Foods. Removable methods, such as dentures, create difficulty with speaking and eating. Dental implants feel comfortable and similar to using your natural teeth.
- Maintenance-Free. Other options need to be replaced every couple of years. However, dental implants simply require the same care and attention your other natural teeth would. Regular visits to your Fresh Meadows dentist and keeping up with your oral hygiene will allow for a healthy smile with dental implants.
- Conservative Approach. Dental bridges often require that part of the surrounding tooth’s structure be removed. In contrast, dental implants do not affect the rest of the mouth and do not need support from the adjacent teeth.
- Cost-Effective over the Long Term. Dental implants are a permanent solution that does not need to be replaced. It is essentially a one time investment that will benefit you in the long run.
- Better for Your Oral Health. Dental implants provide a root replacement that stimulates healthy bone growth while improving the appearance of your smile.
If you are interested in scheduling a consultation to see if dental implants are right for your smile, then contact Dr. Al Gulum’s office to set up your next appointment today in the Queens area.